MrsPresson.com | I-129F Petition, K1 Fiance(e) Visa, AOS Guides
MrsPresson.com | I-129F Petition, K1 Fiance(e) Visa, AOS Guides
MrsPresson.com | I-129F Petition, K1 Fiance(e) Visa, AOS Guides
MrsPresson.com | I-129F Petition, K1 Fiance(e) Visa, AOS Guides

By Erika Presson
Last Updated: December 28, 2013

READ THESE IMPORTANT NOTES BEFORE SCROLLING DOWN TO THE ARTICLE:

• The reader has the DUTY/RESPONSIBILITY to verify information from the aforementioned government agencies on their own - Not through hearsays, forums, or blogs (YES, including this blog). Please read my disclaimer here.
  • Make sure you've read ALL the articles under the "Immigration" Menu up top, because I've written and covered all pertinent information about the whole I-129F/K1/AOS/ROC Processes.
  • Search through Frequently Asked Questions about the whole process from I-129F - K1 Visa - AOS - ROC and other processes. Read about the KnowledgeBase here »
  • The articles found on this blog are applicable to all I-129F Petitions, K1 Visa Applicants, AOS (from a K1 Visa), and ROC applicants unless otherwise noted. The I-129F Process and AOS is the same for all foreign beneficiaries/spouses. Some K1 Visa Process articles are written specifically for applicants from the Philippines. Please refer to your country's U.S. Consulate/Embassy website for country-specific instructions.

It’s another waiting game! But first, I must congratulate you for surviving the K1 Visa Interview. And now, you must be itching to track your visa, right? Below you will find tools on how to track your visa status on CEAC, how to track your passport if the visa has already been issued by the US Embassy Manila (USEM) and if it is already in the hands of the courier, 2Go.

IMPORTANT NOTE: DO NOT buy your plane tickets until you have your Visa and Passport on hand. There are a lot of unforseen circumstances that might happen and might cause inconvenience (ie. possible headaches AND heartaches). There is no set timeframe for how long your case will be on Administrative Processing / Review. No one can even tell you exactly when you’re going to get your Visa/Passport after its issued. It all depends on USEM, the courier, and other factors like weather and shipping/handling.

Track Your Visa Status on the CEAC Website

You’ve used CEAC before to track your Case if it has been received by the Consulate, now you’re using the same website to track your visa status!

You are going to put your Case Number again to track your visa status. My interview was on June 13th, 2012 and my status kept on updating almost everyday (updated date) but was stuck on Administrative Processing. (We were issued a 221G but that’s another story.) Almost a month later, the status switched to Ready. Approved cases on the Interview day itself will usually get an “Administrative Processing”, “Ready”, another “Administrative Processing” (or sometimes it skips to), “Issued” within a week or so.

Visa Status “READY”

My Actual Visa Status on July 5, 2012; "READY"  | ©2013, US Department of State, Bureau of Consular Affairs, Life As Mrs. Presson (www.mrspresson.com)

My Actual Visa Status on July 5, 2012; “READY” | ©2013, US Department of State, Bureau of Consular Affairs, Life As Mrs. Presson (www.mrspresson.com)

• This means that your case has been reopened for final evaluation.

Visa Status “ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING”

My Actual Visa Status on July 8, 2012; "Administrative Processing"  | ©2013, US Department of State, Bureau of Consular Affairs, Life As Mrs. Presson (www.mrspresson.com)

My Actual Visa Status on July 8, 2012; “Administrative Processing” | ©2013, US Department of State, Bureau of Consular Affairs, Life As Mrs. Presson (www.mrspresson.com)

• This means your case is undergoing necessary administrative processing. These are final case and background checks to make sure everything is in order before switching to a decision.

Visa Status “ISSUED”

My Actual Visa Status on July 10, 2012; "ISSUED"  | ©2013, US Department of State, Bureau of Consular Affairs, Life As Mrs. Presson (www.mrspresson.com)

My Actual Visa Status on July 10, 2012; “ISSUED” | ©2013, US Department of State, Bureau of Consular Affairs, Life As Mrs. Presson (www.mrspresson.com)

• Congratulations! Your visa is ISSUED. That means, you’ve been approved. There are necessary processing involved though. But after this status, proceed onto checking your passport status with US Travel Docs as outlined below.

Note: There is no automated way of checking your status. You have to go to the CEAC Website everyday to check your status manually.

Congratulations! Now you’re going to track where your Passport is using US Travel Docs.

Sometimes the Passport Tracker at the US Travel Docs Website works. Sometimes it doesn’t. It’s kind of a hit and miss. You have two (2) options:

• Track your Passport Directly from the US Travel Docs Website by entering your Passport Number, or;

"There is no status update available for the Passport Number submitted" | How To Track Your Visa Status and Passport (USEM Passport Tracker, CEAC Visa Status Checker, 2GO) | ©2013, US Department of State, Bureau of Consular Affairs, Life As Mrs. Presson (www.mrspresson.com)

“There is no status update available for the Passport Number submitted” | How To Track Your Visa Status and Passport (USEM Passport Tracker, CEAC Visa Status Checker) | ©2013, US Department of State, Bureau of Consular Affairs, Life As Mrs. Presson (www.mrspresson.com)

Track your Passport through email. All you have to do is send an email to passportstatus@ustraveldocs.com and put JUST your passport number in the subject and body of the email. You will get an automated response in your mail.

"The current status of your passport is In Transit From Post" | How To Track Your Visa Status and Passport (USEM Passport Tracker, CEAC Visa Status Checker, 2GO) | ©2013, US Department of State, Bureau of Consular Affairs, Life As Mrs. Presson (www.mrspresson.com)

“The current status of your passport is In Transit From Post” | How To Track Your Visa Status and Passport (USEM Passport Tracker, CEAC Visa Status Checker) | ©2013, US Department of State, Bureau of Consular Affairs, Life As Mrs. Presson (www.mrspresson.com)

For those interviewed in the U.S. Embassy, Manila, Philippines:

***

Related Questions on the KnowledgeBase:

We have a new Facebook Group / Community! Please join us and keep us updated with your progress! You can also share information about scheduling and such. Ask questions if you want, but make sure you've read all the articles I've written and searched both the Facebook group and KnowledgeBase for answers first.

MrsPresson.com KnowledgeBase is now up and running!
Read about it here »

If this website / blog has helped you in any way... Please read this post. :)

Are you looking for something else?

181 Comments

(Please click on "Show Replies" to read other comments/replies)

1. Hidee Hunter says:

Good day I am Ms Hidee of Mandaluyong. May God Bless you for organizing this website and sharing useful information to clueless applicants like me. One thing is for sure I have improved my patience and I just have to believe that God will everything at the right time. My current status is “Ready” and with the details you have provided. I know that I’ll be with my hubee Barry very soon.

2. My interview was in october 23 2015.but until now my status was ready and not having my visa yet..can u give me info for that what does that mean..bcoz im confused and worried.thanks

3. Liezel Santiuste says:

Hi Ms. Erika

I’m Liezel I got the ISSUED Status but the comments is

We have authorized issuance of your visa. Barring unforeseen problems, the visa packet will be delivered to your designated address by courier service within 7 to 10 working days from the visa issuance date. Do not finalize travel plans, purchase plane tickets, dispose of property, or cease employment until the visa is delivered to you. For visa delivery inquiries, contact 2GO courier service Call Center at (63)(2) 528-7136…And my interview was September 23,2015

and i already try to track my passport at passportstatus@ustraveldocs.com but said Theres no status update available for the passport number submitted…I check it everyday..

i just wondering whats going on now…

Thanks!

Liezel

4. kabi says:

my case status turned to “issued” how many time it ‘ll take to get visa in my hand, i have only 25 days time in my hand to go to usa, do I get the visa within 10/12 days??

• No one can guarantee you when you will get your visa. It has been advised repeatedly in official US Government websites that one isn’t supposed to buy plane tickets before visa is in hand.

5. kabi says:

my case status say “administrative processing” 2mnths. thn 1week ago it turned to “Ready”, 2 days ago it again turned to “administrative processing” :( how much time it’ll take to be issued ???

6. chinkee says:

Hi again Erika. due to the global glitch im being worried and paranoid. Been interview last june 9. The CO didnt congratulate me nor gave me a 221g for additional docs, and upon reaching the releasing window the man there told me that ill receive my visa within 5 to 7 working days. what bothers me is that everytime i check my status on ceac, it only says there ready for interview but it was last updated june 15. Also upon tracking my passport, last week it says passport is still in the embassy. But when i checked yesterday it changed to no status update for the passport i gave. Can you brief me on this please.:(

7. Sheila Perez says:

Hello my husband got approved and they even gave him a letter that said it was approved during the interview. But when checking the status it shows “refused”. We know that there has been technical problems that they are experiencing and when he calls to find out they tell him that and just to continue calling and checking as the status will change. My worriness is that the status and that we are missing something that we need to act fast.

8. Dan Hillmer says:

Our status was on Administrative Processing for almost three months( her interview was March 30, 2015). I call this week and talked to someone at the US Embassy. I was told they would escalate my case. Just today the status changed to ” Ready”. Is this a good sign ?

Thanks.

9. Mary says:

Hello im mary .. just asking what is meant of status saying Refuge? But was approved during interview

• Refuge? or do you mean “Refused” ? It means the Visa Application has been denied.

Every case goes into administrative processing, meaning deeper background checks. Sometimes the Consular Officer doesn’t outright say “You’re approved.” They only say “You’re good to go.” or something else, this doesn’t mean you’re actually approved.

If you have questions about your case, you should contact the U.S. Embassy directly.

10. Dan Hillmer says:

Our Case is under Administrative Processing. My fiance was never issued a 221G Form after her April 1 interview. It was understood that the only missing document was a Police Clearance report from Hong Kong( she worked there for 4 years). The Police Clearance was issue and was mailed to the US Consulate in Manila . We were only able to track it to the Philippines on May 2. My fiance called around May 7 and was told it was still in the Manila Post Office. Here brother who lives in Manila went by on May 10 and was told the envelope was picked up. Per the NVC Website our case was updated on the web site on May 14 2015 but it is still in Administrative Processing. Is there any significance to an update date ? Does this mean they received the Police Clearance ? Does this mean they are working on our case ? The US Consulate never responds to my E-mails and there is a constant busy signal when we call.

Thanks.

• All cases go through Administrative Processing whether you have a 221G or not. You really can’t do anything at this point but to continue monitoring your case and/or follow up with the Embassy.

Updates are taken at face value – they are updates on your case. There are thousands of cases that are handled by the Embassy and they are worked on as the documentary requirements are received completely and all reviews/processing are finished.

Every case is unique, and no one will be able to tell you when your case will be approved, no matter what anyone will say. Only the consular officer can give an answer.

Good luck!

11. Maria Carroll says:

i am done with my interview and waiting on the 221G i submitted recently and as you said just wait and track everytime the progress…i feel it will be soon they will give the results . Thanks for having a blog like this .Its a helpful way in bringing things that really happens . And forgets the worrys at all times .Hope you will continue to give more answers to all the question that comes .. more power ….

12. Aileen Ylagan says:

I’m really happy i found a good blog about k1 visa. All i wanna know about the process is all in here. so informative and very helpful for us. I’m actually reading all your blogs :) Thanks to your website. Thumbs up

13. Maria Brazos says:

hi your blog really helped me a lot during the K1 visa process. I am now waiting for the release of my visa. Thank you so much and more power! – Maria

14. Claire says:

Hi Mrs. Pressson,
    I just checked my fiance’s and baby’s application in the CEAC website and it says that
    it’s been issued on Feb. 27, 2015 but upon checking their passport no. it says that there
    is no status available for the passport no. submitted, I emailed passportstatus@ustraveldocs.com and it also says the same thing, do you have any idea
    why is it saying that there’s no status available even though their visa has been issued already?
    by the way thank you so much for putting up this website and the group in fb, it is very informative, easy to understand and very helpful :)

• If the visa is “Issued” it doesn’t automatically mean that they have already processed the shipping of the passport and visa packet. Wait a day or 2 to check the status again. You also cannot count weekends. Embassies close down for the weekend just like normal businesses. Congrats though!

15. Mays says:

hi Ms Erika!
    Do you have any idea about K1 and K2 on the same case number process? Our case status says “Issued”. But upon tracking our passport status, mine has status update and it’s currently being processed for delivery but when I entered my son’s passport number until now, it says ” There is no status update available for the passport number submitted”.
    Thank you for sharing your thoughts and knowledge.

What do you think?