K1 Visa Interview Questions
READ THESE IMPORTANT NOTES BEFORE SCROLLING DOWN TO THE ARTICLE:
- The reader has the DUTY/RESPONSIBILITY to verify information from the aforementioned government agencies on their own - Not through hearsays, forums, or blogs (YES, including this blog). Please read my disclaimer here.
- Make sure you've read ALL the articles under the "Immigration" Menu up top, because I've written and covered all pertinent information about the whole I-129F/K1/AOS/ROC Processes.
- Search through Frequently Asked Questions about the whole process from I-129F - K1 Visa - AOS - ROC and other processes. Read about the KnowledgeBase here »
- The articles found on this blog are applicable to all I-129F Petitions, K1 Visa Applicants, AOS (from a K1 Visa), and ROC applicants unless otherwise noted. The I-129F Process and AOS is the same for all foreign beneficiaries/spouses. Some K1 Visa Process articles are written specifically for applicants from the Philippines. Please refer to your country's U.S. Consulate/Embassy website for country-specific instructions.
It’s ok to be nervous about your K1 Visa Interview and being anxious about the questions that you may get asked about. I understand so well, I went through the same thing too. The questions and the interview itself is pretty basic and *sometimes* personal. But you don’t have to worry about anything if you know your USC fiancé(e) well enough. Just always remember to answer all the Consular Officer’s questions honestly and you will be fine. Consistency and honesty is the key.
The questions found below are what were asked of me and/or questions that were asked of my K1 Visa Applicant friends during their own interviews.
Possible K1 Visa Interview Questions:
- What’s your name?
- When’s your birthdate?
- What is your petitioner/fiancé(e)’s name?
- When is your fiancé(e)’s birthdate?
- Where was he born?
- What’s his/her course in college?
- Where does he/she work?
- What is his/her current position at work?
- What is his/her current occupation?
- What does he/she do? How do you feel about him/her moving a lot?
- Do you know where he will be stationed next?
- What is your fiancé(e)’s current salary?
- Where does your fiancé(e) live? How long has he lived there?
- How did you two meet?
- Who is this -third person- who introduced you to him/her?
- When did you first meet?
- How many times has he/she been here to visit you?
- Have you gone abroad to visit him/her?
- When was the last time you saw him/her?
- How do you both communicate with each other? (Chat, Skype, Facebook, SMS, E-mail, Phone calls, etc.)
- Does your fiancé(e) understand your language?
- How long have you known each other?
- When did he/you propose?
- What are his/her hobbies?
- What do you love about your fiancé(e)?
- Have you met his/her family?
- Where are his/her parents?
- Does he have siblings?
- Was he/she previously married? Have you been married before?
- When was he/she divorced? When were you previously divorced?
- Why was his/her/your previous marraige terminated? (Reason for Divorce or Annulment)
- Does he have any children? Do you? What are their names? How old are they?
- Have you been to other countries? When were these trips?
- Have you ever applied for a US Visa before? What type of Visa?
- Have you been approved or denied a US Visa?
- So you’ve previously gone to the US, how long were your previous trips?
- Do you have photos together with you right now?
- What is your religion?
- What is his religion?
- How do you feel about having different faith / views?
- Why did you opt for a Fiancé(e) Visa instead of a Spouse Visa?
- Do you know what you need to do after being approved a Fiancé(e) Visa? (Get married within 90-days of US Entry and file for Adjustment of Status)
- Do you already have wedding plans? When and where is it?
- How does your family feel about getting married?
- Will your family be there at the wedding?
- How do you feel about getting married in the US without your family with you?
- Do you have any relatives in the US?
- Where do your relatives in the US reside?
- Have you ever been sponsored for a K1 Visa before?
- What happened to your previous K1 Visa application? What happened to your fiancé(e)?
If you’re really that nervous, (and if he’s in town) bring your fiancé(e) along with you for moral support. He/She will be allowed in the US Embassy premises as long as he/she has his/her US Passport with him/her.
Again, these are just sample questions. Pretty basic. Good luck on your interview! I’m crossing my fingers that you will get approved! Sometimes, the consular officer will tell you if you’re approved on the spot. Sometimes they will just tell you to sit down and wait for your number to be called again. At the releasing booths, you will know if you’re approved or not, whether you’d wait for them to contact you, or if you need to submit additional documents (221g) for them to process your case completely.
If and when you get approved, CONGRATULATIONS! Now another waiting game begins. You can track your visa issuance on CEAC. After it’s issued, you may track your passport / visa on US Travel Docs and 2Go’s e-Trace. :)
Related Questions on the KnowledgeBase:
If this website / blog has helped you in any way... Please read this post. :)
Are you looking for something else?